|Title||»||Improvements to exception posting|
Here are a few improvements I would like to see to the exception posting code:
1. The exception type information should be included.
2. The Skyline version number should be included.
3. Inner exception information should appear in the location text box, not just when you copy to clipboard or post.
4. The Settings.Default object should be used to avoid posting the same stack trace from the same person on the same Skyline version multiple times.
5. For the development release, there should not be an option not to post. The form should post when it is shown, state that it has posted the error and offer only a close button. A condition of getting the development release is that you promise to test new functionality and report issues. There is no anonymity with the development release.
6. The code should generate a GUID and store it in the settings, and post that GUID. This exposes no identity information, but would allow us some insight into how many people are being effected by the exceptions, though #4 should also decrease the number of multiple posts by the same user.