|Title||»||Enable scheduled targeted-MS/MS method export on Orbitrap Elite, etc.|
From Jake Jaffe, describing how to set up scheduled targeted MS/MS on a Thermo instrument prior to Q Exactive:
How to set up scheduled MS2 events on a standard orbitrap.
1. Create list of m/z, begin rt, end rt coordinates.
2. Create top n method, use top n from list rather than top n intense.
3. Set triggering threshold to 1 count for each scan event.
4. Set precursor tolerance to 10 m/z units*.
Set your isolation with as normal (i.e. 2-3 m/z units) in each scan.
5. Use global list option in segment tab.
6. Import your list of coordinates into the parent mass tab.
7. Consider ticking the "most intense if no precursor" box in the appropriate tab.
* you can potentially get an error during list import if your have precursors that are close in m/z and rt this way