Vividion is a next generation biotechnology company based in San Diego that is leveraging its proprietary chemical proteomics platform to conduct proteome-wide footprinting of drug-protein interactions with unprecedented breadth and precision. Our technology allows us to screen, identify and optimize novel drugs that selectively bind virtually any protein, including proteins previously considered “undruggable”. Our pipeline and emerging programs reflect a matured and productive platform capable of delivering first in class drugs utilizing novel mechanisms of action (allosteric inhibitors, protein-protein interaction inhibitors, functional activators, degraders etc.) against undruggable targets in the oncology and immunology space.
We are uniquely structured with opportunities for all scientists to contribute to both established programs as well as ongoing early target selection, screens and validation. We prize scientific excellence, creativity, team players and we are committed to continued innovation. We have worked hard to create a collaborative and dynamic work culture where your ideas and discoveries are valued and will have an impact. We are growing and there are opportunities for mentorship and career progression.
The successful candidate will have extensive hands-on experience and expertise with mass-spectrometry instrumentation and MS-based proteomics applications are required, including quantitative strategies like isotopic and isobaric labeling, as well as label-free techniques (e.g. DIA, PRM/SRM). Strong working knowledge of biochemistry and analytical chemistry are desired; familiarity with small-molecule pharmacology is a plus. The successful candidate will join a small group of Proteomics scientists working to develop and operate a cutting-edge chemoproteomic screening platform for the discovery and development of novel drug candidates and targets.
Education and Experience requirements:
- PhD (or equivalent experience) in mass-spectrometry based proteomics, analytical chemistry, chemical biology, or related discipline
- Extensive hands-on experience with Thermo Orbitrap mass spectrometers and associated software
- Demonstrated ability to apply and troubleshoot complex proteomic techniques in a biological context
- Experience with ancillary techniques is highly desirable (cell culture, molecular biology, immunoprecipitation/protein isolation, PTM enrichment, bioinformatics, etc)
Required Key Attributes:
- Candidates must have strong communication skills and an ability to present results to large teams
- Candidates must have effective troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Candidates must be an effective team player, strong individual contributor, flexible, and able to handle multiple tasks and deliver high quality results under tight timelines.
Please apply directly to email@example.com, or using the link below