We are looking for an experienced scientist to join the Mass Spectrometry group in the Protein Therapeutics department. The successful candidate will be responsible for mass spectrometry characterization of biologics, development of sample preparation workflows, acquisition and analysis of proteomics datasets, and other drug discovery-related projects.
The successful candidate is expected to conduct independent lab work and collaborate with other scientists and project teams. He or she should be able to think critically and troubleshoot complex scientific and technical issues while contributing to a team-work oriented environment to advance research projects. He or she should possess excellent protein mass spectrometry skills, knowledge of molecular biology techniques, and experience with software packages necessary for data analysis.
Functions and Responsibilities:
- Design and conduct experiments to characterize protein therapeutics.
- Perform proteomics experiments to characterize biological samples, protein relative quantitation, post-translational modifications and protein-protein interactions.
- Develop workflows and strategies to improve analysis and throughput.
- Participate and present data at team meetings.
- Maintain knowledge of advancements in the field.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Hands on experience with intact mass spectrometry and molecular characterization of protein therapeutics is highly desirable.
- Experience with quantitative proteomics methods such as TMT-tagging or SILAC.
- Experience operating and analyzing data from ThermoFisher Orbitrap and Agilent TOF/qTOF mass spectrometers is highly desirable. Knowledge of other mass spectrometry platforms is a plus.
- Experience with Proteome Discoverer, Protein Metrics Byos, MassHunter, Skyline and other mass spectrometry software packages.
- Experience maintaining and troubleshooting HPLC and mass spectrometers.
- Understanding of molecular biology techniques such as western blotting, immunoprecipitation, fractionation and biofluid processing methods a plus.
- Ability to multi-task in an extremely dynamic environment while providing high-quality analytical support in a professional, pleasant, and tactful manner is a necessity.
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills are essential for success in this collaborative role.
- Minimum relevant industrial experience: Bachelor’s degree with 8+ years of experience, Master’s degree with 6+ years of experience or Doctorate degree. Job title will be commensurate with experience.
Please click to following link to apply. Thank you!