In conjunction with the Research Unit FOR2509 “The Concert of Dolichol-Based Glycosylation:
From Molecules to Disease Models”, the Core Facility for Mass Spectrometry and Proteomics at the Center for Molecular Biology of the University of Heidelberg (ZMBH) has an opening for
A Research Scientist (m/f/d)
Fulltime position, starting date: immediately
During the first funding period of the project “Production of the dolichol N-glycan precursor:
Monitoring of this pathway by quantitative mass spectrometry” a sensitive MRM assay was established to monitor glycosyltransfreases in the ER, responsible for N-glycosylation, O-mannosylation and C-mannosylation. With this method at hand the PhD scientist now will work on the biochemical characterization of these pathways. In addition, there is a tight collaboration with a clinical group which allows studies of these pathways in diseased states.
Information about the MRM assay can be found here:
Your ideal qualifications
- Expert knowledge in nanoUPLC-MS
- Experience in various quantitative proteomics techniques
- Proficiency in data analysis including database searches and software for quantitative proteomics, especially Skyline
- Hands-on experience in preparation of biological samples
- Team working abilities and aptitude in guiding technical assistants
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills, German will be an advantage
The position is advertised until December 2023. Prolongation is not possible. Payment will be according to German TV-L13 (full-time).
The University of Heidelberg is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified female candidates. A kindergarten service is available. Handicapped applicants will be given preference in the case of equal qualifications.
Contact: Dr. T. Ruppert (+49 6221 546895)
Application Deadline: Evaluation will begin two weeks after the announcement and will continue until the positions are filled.
Please submit your applications online to email@example.com