Who we are:
Calico is a research and development company whose mission is to harness advanced technologies to increase our understanding of the biology that controls lifespan. We will use that knowledge to devise interventions that enable people to lead longer and healthier lives. Executing on this mission will require an unprecedented level of interdisciplinary effort and a long-term focus for which funding is already in place.
Calico is seeking an experienced Senior Research Associate/Scientist to join the mass spectrometry proteomics group. To succeed, you will need to be an enthusiastic team player, detail-oriented, organized and comfortable working on complex problems. We are looking for someone with detailed knowledge of proteomics and biochemistry techniques, and with demonstrated hands-on application. This is a hands-on bench position, focused on sample preparation, instrument maintenance, troubleshooting and data analysis. The successful candidate will work with a large numbers of samples for collaborative projects, optimize and develop methods as well as be responsible for smaller research projects. The Proteomics group collaborates with multiple labs within Calico, and as such is involved in many areas of research from oncology to immunology, as well as technology and assay development.
• Prepare samples from tissues, cells, and biofluids.
• Optimize and develop new sample preparation methods
• Maintain and troubleshoot instruments including HPLCs, mass spectrometers and other bioanalytical equipment.
• Analyze data to share will collaborators
• Recent PhD graduates are encouraged to apply. Or thesis-based MS in biochemistry or related discipline required, plus 5 years of research experience in an academic or industry.
• Experience in method development for HPLC and/or mass spectrometers
• Experience in maintaining and troubleshooting HPLCs and mass spectrometers
• Experience in sample preparation for proteomics (e.g. isobaric labels)
• Experience in proteomics data analysis and basic coding (e.g. R, Matlab, Python)
• Detail-oriented and organized
• Strong teamwork and communication skills
• Self-motivated with a “can-do” attitude is required for success
• Flexible, able to respond quickly to shifting priorities and able to multitask
• Demonstrated ability to design, execute and draw conclusions from scientific projects
Nice to have:
• Experience maintaining Thermo mass spectrometers (e.g. Eclipse/Lumos) and HPLC
• Experience in automation and liquid handling platforms
• Experience in affinity/immunoprecipitation of proteins and post translational modification
• Experience in native fractionation FPLC/HPLC.
Link to apply: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/2384574356/?capColoOverride=true