The laboratory for Functional and Translational Proteomics, led by Prof. Oliver Schilling, is part of the Institute for Surgical Pathology, at the University Medical Center Freiburg, Germany. We are soliciting applications for a postdoctoral researcher to join our friendly and open-minded team of about 15 scientists with backgrounds in biology, chemistry, medicine, pharmacy and bioinformatics.
The project enables the unique opportunity to shape the next generation of translational proteomics by integrating state of the art approaches for sample preparation, data acquisition and data analysis to unravel proteomic characteristics of diverse solid tumors.
Selected tasks include:
- Improvement of existing and development of new methods, especially for shotgun proteomics to allow additional analysis such as regulatory modifications and proteogenomics
- Establishing targeted proteomic assays
- Contribute to the supervision and maintenance of our diverse mass spectrometers
- Active collaboration with medical doctors and life scientists on local, national and international level
- Full-time postdoctoral position (TV-L E13, 100%) for initially two years (extension possible); starting date is flexible but early in 2021 is preferred
- Highly translational projects with clinical relevance in a productive and friendly work environment with international and industry collaborations
- Well funded and equipped lab
- Ample opportunities for scientific publishing, conference presentations, grant applications and student supervision
- Plenty opportunities for scientific and professional development
Required qualifications include a PhD in a life sciences discipline (e.g. biology, molecular medicine,
chemistry, pharmacy); strong scientific background and experience in mass spectrometry based
proteomics including sample preparation, LC-MS/MS instrument handling and ideally also data
analysis. Experience with cell culture techniques, protein biochemistry, molecular biology, and / or
microscopy is an asset. We also ask for a proactive and cooperative work attitude with excellent
problem-solving and organizational skills, very good communication skills in English (written and
spoken), and an interest in supervising (PhD) students.
For further inquiries please contact
To apply, please send CV, motivation letter and contact details of two references to email@example.com.
Please find further information in the attachment.