Translational Medicine-Oncology at Astrazeneca is looking for a talented scientist who will provide exceptional scientific and technical expertise to understand heterogeneity of human diseases and apply this knowledge to aid in the development of Astrazeneca’s exciting portfolio across multiple oncology programs. The scientist will be an expert in cutting-edge mass spectrometry technologies and will carry out translational studies involving protein profiling and quantification from clinical samples to support drug discovery and development efforts.
Overview of Responsibilities:
• Develop, validate and implement MS-based quantitative assays for protein biomarkers to support various drug discovery and development projects. Design and execute QC work flow for assays on a regular basis.
• Process clinical samples (e.g., FFPE tissue, plasma, urine) for translational and clinical studies according to SOPs and participate in automation project.
• Be responsible for maintaining assay qualities for both DIA-based global proteomics and PRM-based targeted proteomics as they are implemented into critical biomarker studies.
• Create and maintain various databases and be responsible for data/information flow. Participate in building a clinical proteomics data-analysis pipeline with close collaboration with Bioinformatics team and demonstrate its utility in biomarker discovery.
• Operate state-of-the-art LC-MS instruments, and ensure high-quality data generation.
• Analyze data, summarize results, and present key results at functional reviews and project reviews.
• Ph.D. in bioanalytical chemistry, molecular biology or related field
• 0-3 years post-doctoral experience in mass spectrometry-based proteomics.
• Experience in processing human plasma samples for proteomics analysis.
• Experience in large-scale data analysis using label-free quantitation for clinical proteomics with various disease models.
• Experience in DIA, DDA, and PRM using high-performance mass spectrometry.
• Ability to design highly sensitive and selective protein assays in clinical samples.• Solid understanding of separation chemistry for proteins/peptides analysis with an experience of nano-flow UPLC.
• Extensive experience in instrumentation, trouble shooting, QC, standardization for proteomics workflow and pipeline development.
• Coding skills (R, Python) for data analysis, and ability to use/evaluate open-source software packages for processing mass spectrometry data.
• Experience in working independently and collaboratively in a matrixed environment with some experience in project management.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Strong theoretical understanding of protein biochemistry and practical knowledge of bottom-up proteomics.
How to apply: Visit the link below.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.