Regeneron is looking for a highly motivated Associate Scientist who will leverage our state-of-the-art facilities and technology to perform qualitative and quantitative mass spectrometry experiments focusing on autoimmune, infectious disease and oncology targets. The successful candidate’s primary responsibility will be to utilize the latest mass spectrometry techniques for the discovery and validation of novel viral- and cancer-specific antigens from human tissues and cell lines as well as to develop innovative techniques and investigate new technologies to enhance our target discovery efforts.
The successful candidate will operate state-of-the-art mass spectrometry to analyze patient derived samples. Daily activities will include of tissue preparations, affinity purification, peptide purification, and the analysis of mass spectrometry data. Further responsibilities will be the integration of whole exome sequencing and RNA seq data with mass spectrometry results, developing proteomic databases for the target discovery efforts, and validation of results. Previous experience with mass spectrometry is a highly desirable prerequisite.
• Participation in the day-to-day operation of Orbitrap Fusion Lumos mass spectrometers
• Engage in method development and optimization
• Preparation of MS samples from a variety of sample types including sample pre-fractionation and proteolytic digestion
• Affinity purification of endogenous peptides from a variety of different samples (i.e. patient tissue biopsies, animal specimens, and cell culture)
• Sample analysis and fractionation using HPLC techniques
• Work closely within and across scientific disciplines to design and perform analyses
• Present data packages and conclusions to internal and external collaborators
• PhD in biology, biotechnology or medicine.
• Basic knowledge of operating an HPLC and mass spectrometer (LC-MS)
• Knowledge in immunology and cancer research
• Experience in basic MS sample preparation and analysis
• Experience with immunoprecipitation sample preparation techniques
• Mass Spectrometric data analysis using Xcalibur, PEAKS, Skyline and general DB search engine tools
• Expertise in large-scale data analysis of NGS (Whole Exome sequencing, RNA-seq, and MS proteomics) is a plus.
• The position requires the ability to work in interdisciplinary projects, independently take responsibility of your project, strong teamwork and communication skills, reliability, attention to detail and effective time management.
Please apply using the link below